Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Essie French Affair

Today I am wearing Essie French Affair from their 2011 Spring Collection. It seems like I keep reviewing polishes from last year, but it's because I am trying to get through all of my untrieds.... which are a lot (eek!).
Anywho, French Affair is a very, very cool toned light pastel pink (think MAC Snob lipstick). It's so pale that it is almost bright, but I had a difficult time capturing this effect in my pictures. The downside is that the application isn't the best. The polish is very streaky if you apply thin coats. Conversely, if you get too much polish on your brush, it will pool your cuticles like crazy. I applied 4 thin coats here and patiently waited for each layer to dry before applying the next one. It was the only way I could avoid bald spots.



I think this is a "cute" polish, but I am not sure if I can get past the application issues.
I used Mavala Protective Base Coat & Sèche Vite top coat. 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely blog with so many interesting and inspiring posts! Love your work:) Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this color on my nails last week and I got so many compliments on it. It really is a beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the pastels colors look really great on you. What a pity that the formula isn´t good..Did you see the new Essie´s Summer Collection? I loved the Sky Blue and it make me think of you and your love for light blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie ! Are you talking about Bikini so Teeny ? It's on my wish list !

      Delete
  4. Nice blog On nail art..The Color is so beautiful..I like this one.


    shop kurtis online

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.