Friday, October 28, 2011

Revlon Facets of Fuchsia

TGIF everyone!
Unfortunately for me, it looks like I will be stuck studying all weekend. But I don't mind, as long as I am equipped with a Pumpkin Latte and highlighters in about 6 different colors I feel like nothing can stop me :). Also, have some pretty nails to look at helps too. I decided I needed to perk up my stash with more glitter polishes and I swooned when I finally found the Revlon display with Facets of Fuchsia. As you may know, this is pretty much a drugstore dupe of Deborah Lippmann's Bad Romance. I only have two Lippmann polishes (Waking Up in Vegas & Glitter in the Air) and, although they both exceeded my expectations, I wasn't quite ready to commit to a dark glittery polish just yet. Enter Facets of Fuchsia; a pretty black jelly with purple hex & glitter at a drugstore price.
Application isn't the easiest with this polish. The glitter is suspended in a jelly base and you need to wait in between coats to make sure not to move the glitter around too much. You may also have to push back the large glitter chunks onto your nail if they hang on the sides. But overall, I think this is a must is you spot this polish! What I really like about Facets of Fuchsia is that it convinced me that I LOVE glitters and that I may have to splurge on Lippmann's accross the Universe soon. Let me know what some of your favorite glitter polishes are :)
I used Mavala Protective base coat & Seche Vite top coat.

8 comments:

  1. Very nice! you used on it´s own or layering over black? Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A multitude of highlighters definitely makes life better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie,
    I used this polish on it's own, but you can layer it over black to save some of the product as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. across the universe is definitely worth the splurge, but I hear there's a new essence polish out that's a dupe!! :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought this on eBay yesterday and really hope it will look as great on me as it does on you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.