Tuesday, October 25, 2011

OPI Russian Navy

Hi everyone :)
Earlier this week I was reading ALU's latest post on "beautiful bold blues" making a comeback in the nail polish world and I felt inspired to dig out OPI's classic color Russian Navy from my stash. Granted, I love blues so I will take any excuse I can get to use them! Russian Navy was part of the 2007 Russian Collection and has since become part of the permanent line. It is probably one of the most gorgeous navy/indigo blues ever created. It is such a deep and rich color. It also has blue, pink & purple shimmer through it which keeps it from looking too flat or black. You can get away with 2 coats and it applies effortlessly. I love it!
On a side note, I know I haven't posted in almost a week and I hate having to feel obliged to post (even if I don't have the biggest readership in the blogosphere)! I have a lot of schoolwork to get done and I am trying to pace myself at the moment. But I love blogging about nail polish, and I am working on some posts, so hopefully I can get them up soon!
I used Mavala Protective Base Coat and Seche Vite Top Coat.

4 comments:

  1. A classic! It has so much depth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love russian navy! it is such a pretty shade, one of my favorite dark shades. just found your blog from dovey, love your swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always tell myself that I should pick this up, then I forget. Thanks to your gorgeous swatches, I will make it a point to get it this week! As to feeling guilty...DON'T!! Take care of what you need to do, and if you have time to work on your blog, then do so...we'll still be waiting! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.