Thursday, July 21, 2011

OPI Sonic Bloom (Black Label!)

Happy Thursday!

Today I have Sonic Bloom from OPI to show you. I am not sure what collection this polish is from, but it has a black label under the bottle meaning that it predates 2008. It is a light turquoise aqua (duochrome?) color that is extremely sheer. I lost count at the fourth coat, so let’s just say that it takes a hellalotta coats to get it to be opaque. Despite this, the formula is amazing; it flows on the nails with ease and dries quickly. Sigh, I wish I could say the same about green label OPIs

This is the type of color that makes me happy when I look at my nails and it's so fun for the summer. If you ever spot in stores, I really recommend snatching it because it might be your only chance!

12 comments:

  1. Sooo pretty! I haven't ever seen this. Sometimes the black label OPI's are better than the green. I only have a few black labels but the formulas are better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I bet this is good layered over black and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the duochrome effect. Awesome polish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo pretty! I hate polishes that takes a lot of coats. I have no patience haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous color! Too bad about the sheer-ness though :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mesmerizing... I feel like I can almost see the shine through the computer screen =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Try layering it over another polish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous color! This would be one of those polishes that I wouldn't care how many coats I needed to achieve this look. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too bad about how sheer this is, but as others have already stated here, maybe layering is the way to go.....cause it sure looks so pretty on you! Love your swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.